Museum od Apoxyomenos is one out of five projects from Croatia nominated for the Piranesi Award 2017!
Piranesi Award is awarded to the most successful architectural projects in the region. Award ceremony is held each year on The Piran Days of Architecture, an international architectural conference, which has been held in the city of Piran in Slovenia since 1987. The conference evaluates current trends in architecture with the aim to underline the latest trends of world architectural scene and introduce the most progressive and innovative ideas of architectural production from the region.
As part of the Piran Days of Architecture at the conference, a series of speakers and guests are involved. Awards are given to the most successful implementation of recently completed projects of architectural practices from eight countries of Central Europe; Austrian, Croatian, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Slovakia and Slovenia.
Each years selectors from different countries nominate five architectural projects per country, built over the past year. On the list below you can see which projects from Croatia, besides our Museum of Apoxyomenos, are nominated for the award. For more information about Piranesi Award and nominees from other countries check out the official website of the Award
- Museum of Apoxyomenos, Mali Lošinj, 2016 / Architects: Idis Turato and Saša Randić / Room Interiors: Vanja Ilić (White Room), Kulenturato - Nora Turato and David Kulen (Colorful Room), MKF&AT and Bosnic + Dorotić (Yellow Room)
- The house on the island Silba, 2015 / Architects: Iva Letilović and Igor Pedisic
- Pool complex Svetice, Zagreb, 2016 / Architects: Vjera Bakic and Matthias Kulstrunk
- Aquatica - Aquarium and Museum of rivers, Karlovac, 2016 / Architect: 3LHD
- Hotel Amarin, Rovinj, 2016 / Architects: Studio UP, interventions in the interior: Numen / ForUse, Damir Gamulin Gamba, landscape architecture: Ksenija Jurcic Diminić